cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running QSPI Samples on STM32F7 EVAL board

LRodr
Associate

I'm trying to run the QSPI samples from the STMCube_FW_F7_V1.15.0 package on my STM32F7779I-EVAL board. They run with no error but there's point where the data read back is compared to the data written and they never match. I tried both the interrupt driven and dma driven samples. Thoughts?

4 REPLIES 4

Check there aren't multiple memories used/supported by the board, and that you are building for the correct one.

Check jumpers and solder-bridge/option settings for proper QSPI connectivity.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
LRodr
Associate

There are certainly multiple memories supported by the board but I haven't edited the sample so I expect that it's using what it needs. The firmware package is the one provided by STM for this board. The sample is loaded from the directory "Projects\STM32F769I_EVAL\Examples\QSPI" under the firmware package folder. I realize that this directory is for an STM32F769I while I have an STM32F779I, but I gather that they are compatible. They even share the same reference document.

>>I expect that it's using what it needs.

Yet it doesn't work. I think you misunderstand my point. You need to check the IC on the board, and confirm it is the same part# the code expects. ST sometime uses multiple different parts depending on availability, obsolescence or BOM options.

BSP code also frequently has bugs/typos, you might want to walk it. Expect to have to sink several man-hours into it.

Caching and MPU settings can impact things, as can where in memory the linker places things. You're building with what tool-chain?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Andreas Bolsch
Lead II

"never match" is as useful as saying simply "it doesn't work". What's the problem *precisely*? Do your read only 0xFF, or 0x00, correct data but "shifted" by some bits or bytes or what else? The last two issues could be e.g . due to different number of dummy cycles (in QSPI interface and flash chip). Without a precise description nobody will be able to help.