cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Caution: STM32H743 JTAG Port is set to Reset State after Updating to Cube Version 5.2.0

GS1
Senior III

Hi all,

I just converted my project to the new release of STM32CubeMX 5.2.0.

I did not realize that the JTAG port has been deactivated after migration to the new release, and downloaded the firmware using my Keil ULINK Pro. Now I can not attach to the CPU using Keil ULINK Pro any more!

Secondly: The newly generated Code for the USB does not work any more! If this would work, I would be able to use my USB connection to upload a new release through my own bootloader, however as said: USB doen't work any more.

Has anyone an idea how I could fix this problem now?

Any help is very much appreciated!

5 REPLIES 5
GS1
Senior III

I now achieved to get the sytem working again with my previous release by starting the system into system bootloader by setting BOOT0 to 1 during power on. Then I could load firmware using ULINK Pro again.

But still:

The USB port would not work with the new code from CubeMX, therefore I will not switch to the new release of CubeMX! Also: my virtual COM port number changed after the update due to changed setup of the serial number for the USB port. Why can't you just keep the previous handling of the USB port? It worked!

I am really disappointed that with every new release of STMCubeMX new problems arise!

sirius506
Associate III

I'm getting USB FS problem as reported in below link. it may have some relation to your problem, but my USB CDC code works

when TICKLESS_IDLE is disabled.

Why STM32H743 USB FS doesn't work if FreeRTOS TICKLESS_IDLE enabled?

I found this problem on Cube 5.1 and 5.2. Don't know older version generated code has this problem or not.

High Sirius, thank you for your hint. But actually in my project the one processor which has the USB-Port not working doesn't even use RTOS. I did not try to find out, why it won't work as I don't have the time to play around...

May be I have created the problem by activating a new switch in the configuration as I thought this would make sense: USE_HAL_PCD_REGISTER_CALLBACKS. Don't know the background of these new switches and did not try the USB without this switch, as I had other things to get done and the performance of the new Cube release 5.2. did not convince me to go ahead with it further. I am scared to get more failures on other hardware features which I use.

Singh.Harjit
Senior II

​Can you elaborate on how the JTAG port was deactivated? Thanks.

After I migrated my project from Version 5.0.1 to 5.2.0 all pins with selected name "SYS_..." (e.g. SYS_JTDO_SWO or SYS_JTMS-SWDIO etc.) were set to "Reset_State".

In version 5.2.0. these pins are now named "DEBUG_..." and my assumption is that the migration function does not take into account these name changes, therefore does not find the pins and sets them to reset-state.