cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet support on STM32F479ZG/ZI

MPetr.17
Associate II

I'm working with STM32F479ZG and ZI both have working ethernet.

In the lastest CubeMX 5.1.0 it shows that those MCUs are not supporting ethernet.

Is there a work around for this issue?

0690X000008AlBOQA0.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Dear All,

I come back to this old discussion to precise that Ethernet is not fully supported in STM32F479V/Z/A as well as STM32F469V/Z/A. That is why STM32CubeMX will not be updated (contrary to what I previously said).

Sorry for such confusion. This post comes to discard previous one.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @MPetr.17​ 

This's not an issue,  this MCU do not support Ethernet as it's indicated in the Datasheet.

Best Regards,

Khouloud.

0690X000008AlErQAK.png

MPetr.17
Associate II

Something must be wrong here.

It has been taken just a second ago from your site.0690X000008AlFpQAK.png

Also I have a working Ethernet on this MCU, I just need the CubeMX to create a sketch of the MCU and its occupied pins.

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​@MPetr.17​ 

Those informations are generic  ( about STM32F479xx devices) , for specific information you need to see the Datasheet.

Best Regards,

Khouloud.

MPetr.17
Associate II

I have a working Ethernet on this MCU, I just need the CubeMX to create a sketch of the MCU and its occupied pins.

Also, here is a manual for it.

It does support Ethernet otherwise my Ethernet would not be working!

0690X000008AlIUQA0.png

0690X000008AlIeQAK.png

0690X000008AlIjQAK.png0690X000008AlIZQA0.png

You need to select STM32F479I/B/N device, not STM32F479Z.

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

But we use the Z version of the MCU and it does support Ethernet!

You insist that it doesn't because someone made a mistake and wrote in some document that it doesn't.

It does work, we have 3 different board designs with the STM32F479ZG/I all of them have a working Ethernet...

Only the Z version has the right 144 pins that we use.

The I version has 176 pins

The B version has 208 pins

The N version has 216 pins

Those versions will create the illusion that we have more free pins than we actually have.

Hello @MPetr.17​ ,

Reviewing again the datasheet, I see that all required Ethernet pins are available on STM32F479ZG/I packages.

This means that you are right: Ethernet is supported by the devices you selected.

The datasheets of STM32F479xx and STM32F469xx as well as STM32CubeMX need to be updated.

Thanks for bringing these errors to our attention.

-Amel

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Dear All,

I come back to this old discussion to precise that Ethernet is not fully supported in STM32F479V/Z/A as well as STM32F469V/Z/A. That is why STM32CubeMX will not be updated (contrary to what I previously said).

Sorry for such confusion. This post comes to discard previous one.

-Amel