cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My bug report (#1)

EVard.10
Associate II

Thank you for this program. i will make use of it, if it'll be stable enough.

I got it to work for about an hour, and i have a bug to report.

Effect - under specific conditions the program become non responsive for a long period of time. (the non-responsiveness is not similar to any non-responsive behavior that i am familiar with under the windows OS)

Reproduce - run under windows 10, select flash via UART, (force your device to go to bootloader), select any connection parameters and then connect, select a hex file. THIS BIT IS IMPORTANT --- select Verbosity level 3 on the log panel ---.

then try to flash the hex file.

The program will start flashing and pretty soon the process will sow down more and more, until the window of the application becomes non responsive. though, the window can be moved but with great and long delay. I also noticed that windows does not turn the window content gray-white and puts up front a message that says that the window is not responsive.

This makes me think that it is still technically responsive as far as the windows OS can tell, but to the user it is not useble.

My educated guess is that the java control used for the log panel is not adequat to the purpose of displaying long lines of text (on verbos level 3 the program outputs the hex data itself in a packets of data, displayed as a long single line of hex characters)

I hope this info will help make this app better.

Please let me know if any additional info is required.

Thanks

Ehud

0 REPLIES 0