cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32Cube Bug? Nucleo-F746ZG doesn't work when HSE is enabled as PLL source, How to fix?

Jin.Ian
Associate II
Posted on April 19, 2017 at 19:40

I'm testing STM32F746GZ for our new project now. I use STM32CubeMx V4.20.0 with FW_F7 V1.6.1 generated a empty project for Nucleo- F746ZG board as MDK-ARM V5 project. There was no any problem if I use HSI as system clock PLL source(default).

However, after I enabled and switched system PLL clock source to HSE in byPASS mode(default 8MHz MCO on Nucleo-F746ZG), it stopped working inside 'SystemClock_Config()'.

My case is very easy to be duplicated if you have a Nucleo-F746ZG board.

I believe STM32Cube has a bug for running HSE on F7 processor. It would be very appreciated if any body over there can help fixing this issue.

Thank you in advance.

Ian

#stm32f7 #stm32cube-bug #clock-configuration #hse-issue
3 REPLIES 3
john doe
Lead
Posted on April 20, 2017 at 01:19

change RCC_OscInitStruct.OscillatorType = RCC_OSCILLATORTYPE_HSI | RCC_OSCILLATORTYPE_HSE;

to

RCC_OscInitStruct.OscillatorType = RCC_OSCILLATORTYPE_HSE;

when using the external oscillator i choose 'crystal/ceramic resonator' rather than bypass. i think bypass is for when you're using something like an si5351a to generate clock signals. I am pretty new to all this so I could be wrong.

Amel NASRI
ST Employee
Posted on April 20, 2017 at 10:07

Hello

Jin.Ian

‌,

Please switch to the new CubeMX version (4.1) where the regression bug faced with the version 4.0 is fixed.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Posted on April 20, 2017 at 15:15

The default HSE for 

Nucleo-F746ZG board is the 8MHZ MCO from ST/LINK (U2), So have to config the RCC-HSE as BYPASS Clock Source. 

There is no real crystal resonator assembled on that board.