cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM42F4 Pin 1 Identifier

raptorhal2
Lead
Posted on July 02, 2014 at 02:49

Just received some STM32F405RGT6 (64 pin LQFP) processors with two round circles on opposite corners of the package, one smaller with a concave bottom, the other larger with a flat bottom. The package description in the datasheet of course shows only one mark. Can anyone tell me which is the real Pin 1 identifier ? I suspect it is the smaller circle, but I don't want to risk letting all the smoke out of the chip finding out.

The F405 144 pin LQFP processors also just received correctly have only one pin marker.

Thanks, Hal

7 REPLIES 7

Posted on July 02, 2014 at 02:52

https://community.st.com/t5/stm32-mcu-products/stm32f401-64pin-pin1-marking-orientation/m-p/419306

https://community.st.com/0D50X00009Xka68SAB now dead

Edit: Fixed DEAD LINK, original post from 1-July-2014, fixed again

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
raptorhal2
Lead
Posted on July 02, 2014 at 03:32

Thanks, Clive1. Hal

Link above is bad.
Solved: Ambiguity in pin-1 position on stm32f756vgt6 - STMicroelectronics Community
Seems Pin 1 is lower left when the ST text is properly oriented for reading

Yes, every time they migrate the forum content gets lost or destroyed. I'll flag this.

@Amelie ACKERMANN can you get this checked/fixed. Thread would likely have been one showing multiple pin count packages with molding and orientation markings identified.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

Hello @Tesla DeLorean,

is this the correct thread? STM32F401 64pin pin1 marking / orientation - STMicroelectronics Community
If so, it is now moved to the "STM32 MCU products" forum board. If not, let me know and I can check further. 

Thanks,
Amelie

Helo Tesla DeLorean,

My message not related to this forum, but i can't send you a private message. I know you are done some project about sdio&emmc for stm32f. I got working sdio&sd. Please contact me in private message. Thanks.

Also, note that the orientation indicated in CubeMX and CubeIDE is wrong with respect to the lettering on the processor.

I reported this a while back, but what can you do?