cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the Erasing and Programming Automatic Mode Option Byte Commands?

Robert Ritchey
Associate III

I have been looking into using the Automatic Mode under Erasing and Programming and I need to use the Option Bytes Command. But, I see some examples but no actual list of actual Option Byte names that the interface will accept. The examples seem to show Option Byte fields rather than the full Option Byte. Does this mean I need to specify every field I want to change? Are the field names exactly the same as the ones in the reference manual? This is really incomplete. I am using the STM32G030C6. Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Robert Ritchey​ ,

Thanks for your feedback, please find below my answers :

• To find the complete list of Option Bytes you can use this CLI command : STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -c port=SWD -ob displ
  • For modifying Option bytes in automatic mode, actually yes you need to specify them but I will raise this point internally to

CubeProgrammer development team and see how we can ameliorate this point.

Hope this helps you.

Houda

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Robert Ritchey​ ,

Thanks for your feedback, please find below my answers :

• To find the complete list of Option Bytes you can use this CLI command : STM32_Programmer_CLI.exe -c port=SWD -ob displ
  • For modifying Option bytes in automatic mode, actually yes you need to specify them but I will raise this point internally to

CubeProgrammer development team and see how we can ameliorate this point.

Hope this helps you.

Houda

Robert Ritchey
Associate III

Hi, thank you so much for the answer. While I have you, I would like to bring up two suggestions for STM32CubeProgrammer. First, its is the program in the family that does not tell you when an update it available and update itself if you ask it to. This would be a huge help if implemented. Second, for automatic mode, it would be very useful to be able to save a file with the file to load and the option byte commands. In production its going to be too easy for the line workers to mess up the option byte commands. I can have them do a cut and paste but being able to save a configuration file and recall it would be huge. Thanks again.

Robert Ritchey
Associate III

Hi, one last thing. It would be nice to have a command that re-initialized a part (flash, option bytes, everything) to the default state. thanks,

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Robert Ritchey​ ,

Many thanks for this valuables feedback:

• for the first point, If well understand, it is about self update right ? I m happy to tell you it is already under development and will be released soon
  • For the second point , as I mention before I already raise this point to CubeProgrammr development team to see how to ameliorate it.
  • For the last point, it is already in development backlog but to be honest it will not be done in short term.

Hope this helps you.

If your question is answered, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster 🙂 .

Houda

Robert Ritchey
Associate III

Hi, thank you for the answers and the time you have taken for my questions.

Robert Ritchey
Associate III

Hi Houda, I have one last question about this I hope. STM32CubeProg Option Bytes show option byes that are not described in the reference manual for the STM32G030C6 (PCROP1A_STRT, PCROP1A_END, PCROP1A_RDP, PCROP1B_STRT, PCROP1B_END, BOOT_LOCK, SEC_SIZE). I am assuming these can be ignored for this part? Since STM32CubeProg has to read the device before it will show this page, it seems like the software could ONLY display the relevant option bytes for a particular part, otherwise its confusing. Thanks again for your time.

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Robert Ritchey​ ,

You are perfectly right, for STM32G030C6 (Device ID 0x466 ) this list of OB should not be displayed.

I will raise this issue internally to be fixed asap.

Do not hesitate to give any feedback, it is very helpful.

Houda

Robert Ritchey
Associate III

HI @Houda GHABRI​ , I had hoped I had this all figured out but I guess not. I tried using the Automatic mode to program 3 units. The file download worked fine but the option byte programming did not seem to take. After I programmed the units, I disconnected power and then reconnected and checked the option bytes with the program. It told me the write protect was still at its default. The command I used in the option byte field was: –ob WRP1A_STRT=0x0 WRP1A_END=0xD . So, what did I do wrong? Thanks,

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hello Robert,

Sorry for the delay.

I just reproduce the issue ,WRP1A_STRT and WRP1A_END are not modified using automatic mode.

This issue is raised internally to be fixed asap.

Houda