Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE vs STM32CubeProgrammer

Nikosant03
Associate II

Hi community,

I have just started with STM32 MCUs .

What is the difference between STM32CubeIDE and STM32CubeProgrammer? I have already installed the STM32CubeIDE and I am able to program the NUCLEO-F030R8 dev. board that I use. So what is the usage of the STM32CubeProgrammer?

Nick

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

STMicroelectronics is not responsible for any third party websites so we don't know why this Github site recommends it. However - the STM32CubeProgrammer is not absolutely necessary in that case. So far, STM32CubeProgrammer was still necessary for TouchGFX, or as a stand-alone tool for independent programming.

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

The STM32CubeIDE = compiler + debugger + STM32CubeProgrammer.

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Nikosant03
Associate II

Thank you @Peter BENSCH​ for your prompt reply. So there is no need to install the STM32CubeProgrammer at least for now

I was looking this Wiki and they suggest to install both the STM32CubeIDE + STM32CubeProgrammer, that's why I've asked.

0693W00000D0JM8QAN.png 

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

STMicroelectronics is not responsible for any third party websites so we don't know why this Github site recommends it. However - the STM32CubeProgrammer is not absolutely necessary in that case. So far, STM32CubeProgrammer was still necessary for TouchGFX, or as a stand-alone tool for independent programming.

If the problem is resolved, please mark this topic as answered by selecting Select as best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Regards

/Peter

Nikosant03
Associate II

Thank you Peter!!