cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32L152VD-X reserved memory space

VLock.2
Associate

Hello,

I am using the STM32CubeProgrammer, version 2.10.0, and it does not detect the STM32L152VD-X reserved memory space, at address 0x0803000.

The STM32CubeProgrammer detects the correct device ID which is 0x437 but does not detect the correct device.

If I open the STM32_Prog_DB_0x437.xml file I see that the STM32L152VD-X is not even implemented.

This allows me to write to this reserved memory space which I believe is not a good idea

Questions:

1. Is the STM32L152VD-X implemented in the STM32CubeProgrammer?
  2. What is the impact of writing to the reserved memory space?

4 REPLIES 4
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

This looks like the issue reported here.

@Houda GHABRI​ do you confirm this?

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Amel NASRI​ @Community member​ ,

It is a little bit different, the flash size is correct in this case : 384 KB.

And to ask your answers:

1. yes the STM32L152VD-X is supported in CubeProgrammer (CubeProgrammer detect the Device ID correctly).
  2. Why do you suppose that after  address 0x08030000 is reserved? memory flash is available until 0x08060000.

Please let me know if I missed something.

Houda

VLock.2
Associate

Hello @Amel NASRI​  @Houda GHABRI​ 

I suppose that address between 0x08030000 and 0x08040000 is a reserved memory space for the STM32l151VD-X because this is what ST documentation says page 49 https://www.st.com/resource/en/datasheet/stm32l151vd-x.pdf

That why I am confused to why the CubeProgrammer allows to write that memory space without any warning. I also wonder what is the impact to writing to this address space since the cube allows it

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ ,

Ok I see your point , thanks for  bringing this up to our attention.

Currently this reserved area is not handled by CubeProgrammer, I will submit a request internally to fix this and handle the reserved area in future release.

Meanwhile user should take care to do not program on this address.

Houda