cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer don't support CAN

BugMaker
Associate II

In the introduce page of STM32CubeProgrammer, it descrips that this software support CAN bootloader interface, but I just find the ST-link Uart and USB. How can I configure it to CAN?0693W00000NpaF6QAJ.png0693W00000NpaEwQAJ.png

7 REPLIES 7

As I recall the CAN is supported via an ST-LINK/V3SET via the adapter board

https://www.st.com/resource/en/user_manual/dm00526767-stlink-v3set-debugger-programmer-for-stm8-and-stm32-stmicroelectronics.pdf

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
BugMaker
Associate II

Many thank,In user manual, it shows the CAN shall be configured in ST-Link configuration pannel, But only JTAG and SWD selection in Port, it really confuse me~ As to you said, it required a adapater board & ST-Link could the trigger the CAN selection?

Many thank,In user manual, it shows the CAN shall be configured in ST-Link configuration pannel, But only JTAG and SWD selection in Port, it really confuse me~ As to you said, it required a adapater board & ST-Link could the trigger the CAN selection?

Javier1
Principal

Be aware that the STM32 builtin CANBUS bootloader can only be used if only 1 device (the one you want to flash) is connected to the bus.

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00000apgoISAQ/is-the-stm-system-bootloader-trough-canbus-just-not-woking-when-more-than-one-device-shares-the-bus

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

Thank to your reply, I find if I use the ST-LINK/V3SET & STM32CubeProgrammer, the adapter only provide tx/rx, it cann't be connected to the CAN bus directly. I give up using the STM32 bootloader and code a new one.

There is plenty of cheap CANBUS transceiver boards.

Dont let that put you down.

Here is a hardware trick for your

we dont need to firmware by ourselves, lets talk

Haha~that is alright. I just take it as reference. Still many thanks to you