cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F030C8T6> connect with STLINKv2 & STCube Programmer..... I want to flash firmware using SWO port. Pin connections are TVCC(pin1), SWCLK(9), SWIO(7), STM32rst(15) GND(12).

AHolm.1
Associate

Error: No STM32 target found! This is the CONSTANT message I get from the STCUBE software. I can see reference voltage from my board but actually connecting to the chip is impossible  Error: No STM32 target found!,  Error: No STM32 target found!, Error: No STM32 target found!

I don't understand what the problem is; I just want a single access event via SWO pins so I can woosh the firmware onboard. My developer uses some kind of el cheapo Chinese clone so can't advise me as to why using the official ARM kit is proving to be such a pain. Accessing PDI pins on an ATMEL chip is something I can do in seconds using ICE/Studio.... what's the secret to the ARM equivalent?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

"Error: No STM32 target found! " means some fundamental error, like wrong wiring, wrong pins, device unpowered or in deep sleep or SWD pins remapped. Tripple check and if problems persist, look with a scope.

AHolm.1
Associate

Thanks Uwe...

I have now got my IC test socket so I can program this ARM chip independent of any of my PCB's.

My results are EXACTLY the same.... no matter what I do I am simply unable to read any of my STM32F030C8T6 chips.... not a single one :(

I have the official ST-Link V2 hardware running the most up to date firmware... all connections are meticulous as per the data sheets for both chip & StLink. The kit won't even read a blank chip... Step1 and I'm stymied :(

I even bough the same el cheapo Chinese clone "stlink" which my developer uses.... the ARM programmer software says the firmware is old and won't allow me to use it (rejects all attempts to access the firmware).

I am running out of ideas? Either I have a big batch of fake ARM chips or the programming hard & software isn't very good :( I appreciate that an Atmel ICE is a more expensive piece of kit but it does actually allow hassle free access to Atmel chips... ARM are proving very different...... and not in a good way.

Can I use anything else than the current ARM Programmer software? If I would at least like to try the Chinese clone programmer I have.