cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer does not recognize FLASH sectors while using custom USB DFU bootloader

DidierNegretto
Associate

I am writing a custom USB DFU bootloader for a project on a NUCLEO144-F429ZI.

The bootloader is based on the example given in the STM repository.

The STM32CubeProgrammer, can successfully connect to the board and download code,

but it can't get the Device information and the FLASH sectors. This makes everything more difficult because it is not possible to erase single sectors using the cube programmer.

The flash description string I'm using is defined as follows:

#define FLASH_DESC_STR      "@Internal Flash   /0x08000000/03*016Ka,01*016Kg,01*064Kg,07*128Kg,04*016Kg,01*064Kg,07*128Kg"

I also verified that by driving the BOOT0 Pin high the board is able to send the correct Device information and flash sectors to the STM32CubeProgrammer.

What can be the cause of the missing information ?

4 REPLIES 4
lbthomsen
Associate II

I experience exactly the same and also have been unable to find a workaround.

DidierNegretto
Associate

Unfortunately "Option byte and sector erase are not available with IAP" (UM2237 Rev.12 page 37 )

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @DidierNegretto​ 

It is normal behavior , Flash Sector are not recognize by CubeProgrommer when it is custom DFU Bootloader.

I will submit a request for CubeProgrammer development team so that in coming releases the Flash sectors will be recognized by Cubeprogrammer even in the case of custom Bootloader.

Best regards,

Houda

GMarl.1
Associate

Hi @Houda GHABRI​

Has the CubeProgrammer development team completed this feature? Any workarounds in the meantime?

Best,

Garin