cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with GDB Server...Need help!!

SWenn.1
Senior III

I have an STLINK-V3SET connected to a Seeed Lora-E5. I also have a Nucleo L476 developement board with on-board STLINK. On the Seeed board I am able to connect STM32CubeProgrammer and have loaded a file. I cannot connect however STM32CubeIDE as I get an immediate failure to connect due to GDB server ....On the Nucleo I have successfully connected the STM Utility and downloaded a file but once again I cannot connect STM32CubeIDE. I downloaded all three of these apps today so they are the latest....CubeIDE is 1.10.0. The IDE was working just fine as I have flashed Nucleol476 and NucleoWB boards but somehow I have corrupted it's ability to use the GDB server. I deleted the debug and .launch but to no avail....Please help here as I no longer have the ability to use the IDE ?????

UPDATE:

removed 1.10.0 IDE and went back to 1.9.0....

Below is the message received as I tried to load the application and run it on a NucleoL476....it got farther than it has but still some sort of issue????

0693W00000QKIxAQAX.png 

Further attempts to run the debugger yields immediate:

0693W00000QKIy3QAH.png 

If I go to this location the .exe file does NOT exists....wth????? instead I see an ST-LINK_gdbserver.bat file which contains the following: (only god knows where the K drive is)

cmd /K "ST-LINK_gdbserver.exe -c config.txt || echo GDB server exited"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there,

Is this related to the other discussion posted by you?

I've seen users experience the issue of no .exe file after an STM32CubeIDE installation and it has been related to their anti-virus removing the file as it is wrongly detected as a threat.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

Hello there,

Is this related to the other discussion posted by you?

I've seen users experience the issue of no .exe file after an STM32CubeIDE installation and it has been related to their anti-virus removing the file as it is wrongly detected as a threat.

SWenn.1
Senior III

Yes it was related and yes the anti-virus was at least part of the issue.

Thank you