cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Cube Programmer, what is Read supposed to do in the File pane?

waclawekjan_0-1690885269745.png

JW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

On the device memory tab, it refreshes the data. If you change the address, then click "Read", it will update to the new location. Not super useful since it also refreshes if you press enter or click somewhere else.

On a file tab, it does the same, but files shouldn't be changing so it's not super useful here either.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

On the device memory tab, it refreshes the data. If you change the address, then click "Read", it will update to the new location. Not super useful since it also refreshes if you press enter or click somewhere else.

On a file tab, it does the same, but files shouldn't be changing so it's not super useful here either.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

> On a file tab, it does the same

Oh, so it's supposed to re-read data from a potentially changed file? That's not entirely without logic, but quite unusual.

Thanks.

JW

... except that I've just tried that, and nope, it does not load a changed file.

It still does nothing for me... :‑(

JW

Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA
ST Employee

Hello @waclawek.jan , @TDK 

Indeed, the Read is not useful in File panel. I have submitted an internal ticket to remove it.

Internal ticket number: 158534 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Sara.

Thanks Sara!

Jan

@Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA