cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started Guide - CubeProgrammer GUI not working but CLI works just fine.

m4l490n
Associate III

I just installed the CubeProgrammer and I'm following the Populate the target and boot the image guide. When I get to section 1.1.1.1.2.6 Populate the SDCard and click "Connect" I get this error:0693W00000Kb2owQAB.png 

But if I execute this on the command line:

sudo /opt/st/stm32cubeprgrammer_2.9.0/bin/STM32_Programmer_CLI -c port=usb1 -w flashlayout_st-image-weston/trusted/FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157c-dk2-trusted.tsv

Everything works perfectly fine. I get this:

0693W00000Kb2xdQAB.png 

Is anyone familiar with that error on the GUI? If it works on the CLI it should work on the GUI too, isn't it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @m4l490n ,

Sorry for the delay.

It seems that binary path is not filled with correct path, that's why CubeProgrammer still searching for an old path.

You need to give the path of binaries used as shown in screenshot below :

0693W00000KcHlFQAV.png 

Can you please try and tell me if the issue is resolved?

Houda

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
TDK
Guru

Is there a reason you're running it in superuser mode? Are you also running the GUI in superuser mode?

Linux support on ST tools isn't awesome. Looks like it's not looking in the right folder. Unlikely that databases are stored in /home/.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @MM.10alagon​ ,

Can you please clarify the exact steps you are making to launch the GUI ?

Is it from command line or from the Desktop shortcut ?

Did you moved or modified the default CubePrg directory structure ?

Houda

m4l490n
Associate III

I have to run it as superuser because if I don't, then neither the CLI nor the GUI can see the USB.

Yeah, that database is not stored at /home that is where I'm starting the GUI. So, it seems that I need to go to <install dir>/bin every time I need to run it? Isn't adding the bin directory to the PATH supposed to avoid this?

I have to launch the GUI from the command line with sudo, otherwise, it won't see the USB port.

I just realized that if I go to <install_dir>/bin and run the GUI (<install_dir>/bin $ sudo ./STM32CubeProgrammer) from there then I don't get that error.

0693W00000KbC3VQAV.png 

But now it is complaining about not finding the file I'm choosing. I don't know why it is changing the path. It says there in the blue message that is read the file

/home/mmalagon/STM32MPU_workspace/STM32MP15-Ecosystem-v3.1.0/Starter-Package/stm32mp1-openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-11-17/images/stm32mp1/flashlayout_st-image-weston/trusted/FlashLayout_sdcard_stm32mp157c-dk2-trusted.tsv

So I don't know why it is complaining about not finding this file:

Error: File does not exist: /home/mmalagon/STM32MPU_workspace/STM32MP15-Ecosystem-v3.1.0/Starter-Package/stm32mp1-openstlinux-5.10-dunfell-mp1-21-11-17/images/stm32mp1/flashlayout_st-image-weston/trusted/arm-trusted-firmware/tf-a-stm32mp157c-dk2-usb.stm32

Why is it trying to use that file, that is not the one I have specified.

0693W00000KbC6UQAV.png

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @m4l490n ,

Sorry for the delay.

It seems that binary path is not filled with correct path, that's why CubeProgrammer still searching for an old path.

You need to give the path of binaries used as shown in screenshot below :

0693W00000KcHlFQAV.png 

Can you please try and tell me if the issue is resolved?

Houda

@Houda GHABRI​ Thanks for helping.

Yes, correcting the path solves the issue. Now it works ok.

I still have the issue of having to open STM32CubeProgrammer from the CLI as sudo. Opening it using the app launcher icon doesn't work. Do you know why is this?

This is a little bit cumbersome because to make the cubeprogrammer work I have to go to <install_dir>/bin and then execute it as sudo. Isn't the icon supposed to open the application in a usable state? Or what am I missing?

Houda GHABRI
ST Employee

Hi @MM.10alagon​ ,

Glad to know that path issue is fixed.

For the app launcher icon I confirm there was issue but should be fixed in last CubeProgrammer version 2.10.0, can you please test and tell me if it is OK?

Houda