cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Error: No STM32 target found!' when trying flash the code into the board NUCLEO-H7A3ZI-Q

SACHIN1
Associate

Hai, I have used NUCLEO-H7A3ZI-Q board for controlling sonar sensors. But I cant flash the code into the board. The inbuilt ST-Link is detected and is recognized by the computer. But when trying flash the code an error message 'Error: No STM32 target found!' is displayed. Then I used STM32CubeProgrammer, the same happens. Computer cant establish a connection with the board and no target information is displayed on STM32CubeProgrammer.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ and welcome to the Community :)

Make sure that your STLink firmware is upgraded. Try "Connect under reset" mode.

If connect under reset doesn’t help, so probably this issue is related to power-supply configuration:

• So, make sure the selection configuration of power supply scheme in your code is correct and matches with your Nucleo-H7A3 board.
  • After checking selection of power supply scheme, you may perform mass erase. For that, please follow this FAQ: Unable to connect to STM32H7 devices

When your issue is solved, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Community member​ and welcome to the Community :)

Make sure that your STLink firmware is upgraded. Try "Connect under reset" mode.

If connect under reset doesn’t help, so probably this issue is related to power-supply configuration:

• So, make sure the selection configuration of power supply scheme in your code is correct and matches with your Nucleo-H7A3 board.
  • After checking selection of power supply scheme, you may perform mass erase. For that, please follow this FAQ: Unable to connect to STM32H7 devices

When your issue is solved, please close this topic by choosing Select as Best. This will help other users find that answer faster.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
Muhammed Güler
Senior III

It happened to me a lot when I first started STM. While creating the project with Cube mx, you need to set up the debug pins. You have to do a tricky operation such as holding the reset button and pressing the program to load and releasing the reset button. You can also try things like connecting in under reset mode while pressing reset.

Hello @Imen DAHMEN​ , Thank you for your reply.

I have connected the board with Cube Programmer in Power down mode and performed Full chip erase. After the I have done flashing debugging with no errors. Now the board is properly working.

I have done this in my desktop computer. But when I connecting the board to my linux laptop the problem arises again. Then I need to done the chip erase once again.

Is it a problem related my laptop port? Please let me know.

Thank you.

Sachin