cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No STM32 target found! when trying flash code into the board STM32G484QE

p123
Associate II

Hi, I am using STM32G484QE board for development. But I can't flash the code into the board. The inbuilt ST-Link is detected and is recognized by the computer. But when trying to flash the code an error message 'Error: No STM32 target found!' is displayed. Then I used STM32CubeProgrammer, the same happens. I had tried all configuration i.e. I had tried all modes i.e. "under reset mode", "normal", "Hot plug"

also I had tried all reset mode i.e. "software reset", "Hardware reset", "Core reset". but same error occur. How to resolve this issue. Is there is any other way to erase chip.

4 REPLIES 4
SofLit
ST Employee

Dear @p123​ ,

I suspect that your MCU is not supplied. Could you please double check if IDD jumper is already fitted?

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on "Accept as Solution" on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi @Community member​ ,

Till yesterday it was working fine after disabling the "SECBOOT_DISABLE_SECURITY_IPS" for debugging purpose it had stopped detecting. Though code is still working and I can see proper log in teraterm also but I am not able to flash new code , erase chip etc.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal III

Can you try on another hardware? Is it a nucleo or disco board? Than you can test the debugger by connecting to another CPU as described in the manual and you can attach another debugger to the CPU on your board, see manual too. When working with hardware, spares and similar setups are always helpful to weed out bad parts and verify your procedures.

Hi @Uwe Bonnes​ ,I am not able to use another hardware. I am using STM32G484QE-EVL board.