cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: No STM32 target found!

Moritz18
Associate II

error.PNG

Hello, I’m still a complete beginner. I’m using an STM32WB55 board with the STM32CubeProgrammer. I’ve already flashed a few things onto the board, but currently, I can no longer connect to the board. Does anyone know how to fix this error?

9 REPLIES 9
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Moritz18 and welcome to the ST Community .

Could you check the Jumpers of your Board Specially the JP1. It should be fitted exactly as mentioned on the Picture:

STTwo32_0-1725521505345.png

Also, don't forget to use the CN15 USB port and not the CN1 to connect the Board (with a USB Data Cable and not just a Charging Cable).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

IMG_1022.jpg

I believe I have placed the JP1 jumper correctly, but unfortunately, it still doesn't work. I am also using the CN15 port with a data transfer cable.

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Could you try the Debug under reset mode (change the Mode from normal to under reset) and set it to HW reset. Please don't forget before to upgrade your FW using the light Bleu button called "Firmware upgrade". Also, try with other USB Cables and USB ports on the PC. 

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

sn.PNG

I tried it with the settings here; hopefully, they are correct as you mentioned. Additionally, I performed a firmware upgrade and tried a different cable, but unfortunately, I am still getting the error message.

TDK
Guru

> Target voltage: 0 V

The board won't work without power. No software settings can fix this.

Do you have a multimeter? Perhaps look at the schematic to figure out where and why the voltage rail isn't getting established. Is a chip getting unexpectedly hot? Could be damage to the board due to an unexpected voltage spike or other event.

Does LED5 light up? If not, no power. Does LED6 light up? If not, same thing.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

No, unfortunately, I don't have a multimeter, but when the board is connected, LED5 and LED6 light up red. I'm now trying to figure something out using the schematic—what should I be looking for?

TDK
Guru

So it's getting power, but ST-Link doesn't think so. Maybe VCC isn't connected to ST-Link on this board? That would be weird.

If it is a hardware issue, it's going to be an uphill battle without a multimeter or prior experience, unfortunately. Do you have another board you could try?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Okay, I might borrow a multimeter from a friend, but thanks in advance, this has already helped me.

Got still no solution.Do you have any other ideas ?