cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why are there random breakpoints in the assembly code and how to get rid of them?

Mysterious Wolf
Associate II

I'm migrating a project from STM32G431KB to STM32G431CBT6. Both projects were generated using STM32CubeMX and are developed in Keil (MDK ARM), so I only transferred the user code. However when debugging code on the new chip, random breakpoint commands in the disassembly window appear (not the user-defined red dots, but the BKPT mnemonic specifically).

It's always first 3 times between _sys_open and _sys_close, then one time between _sys_istty and_sys_seek and another one between _sys_write, _sys_read, then my program runs normally. I tried a full chip wipe, code regeneration, code rebuilds all without any luck. I'm guessing there might be a setting I forgot somewhere that could cause this or a library from CubeMX, but so far I haven't been able to figure out what it could be.

The CubeMX software packs I use:0693W00000SuBfxQAF.pngSelected features:

0693W00000SuBg2QAF.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Semi-hosting?

T​here type of file IO functions are not supported on the device, the breakpoints allow the debugger to interact with resources on the host PC

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Semi-hosting?

T​here type of file IO functions are not supported on the device, the breakpoints allow the debugger to interact with resources on the host PC

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Mysterious Wolf
Associate II

Thank you very much. I thought it was something like that, but couldn't find what it's called. I managed to redirect the calls to ITM, but there is nothing in the debug window. Nevertheless, this solved the core issue!