cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded STM32CubeMX from 5.4.0 to 5.5.0 and now it fails to generate the project.

Svenn Dahlstrom
Associate III

Upgraded STM32CubeMX from 5.4.0 to 5.5.0 and H7 firmware package to V1.6.0 and migrated.

When generating code it tells me the code is successfully generated but STM32CubeIDEproject generation have a problem.

Building the project fails:

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/git/ELS/sbc_bootloader/CM7/Src/sys.c', needed by 'Application/User/sys.o'. Stop.

The same thing happens if I start a new project.

I'm using the STM32H745ZITx.

STM32CubeIDEproject generation have a problem, what problem?

Please fix 🙂

0690X00000BvxCYQAZ.png

26 REPLIES 26
Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Welcome @Svenn Dahlstrom​ , MX_SYS_Init(); should not be called , same for sys.c/h, this's a CubeMX regression, which has been fixed in the 5.5.0 CubeMX version.

So there's no bug

Best Regards,

Khouloud

Hi,

I confirm the issue come from usage of update.

In case of fresh install problem is not present.

Investigation is on going to fix it in next release.

Sorry for inconvenience.

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

OK, thanks again @Khouloud ZEMMELI​ for your help 😊

Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee

Hello All,

After some investigation this seems to be an issue when migrating from 5.4.0 to the 5.5. through the tool.

A fix is coming soon but to avoid having this issue please un-install your current version the install the one from ST web site.

Sorry for the inconvenience

Regards

Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee

Hi @Nawres GHARBI​ , as I mentioned in an earlier answer I first upgraded in the CubeMX 5.4.0 to 5.5.0.

Then I downgraded back to 5.4.0 from an web download.

And after a few days I tried again, but this time I upgraded to 5.5.0 with a web downloaded file with same result.

Maybe I should have uninstalled 5.4.0 before I installed 5.5.0.

What fixed the problem for me was deleting the binarie folder under third_parties_plugins in the folder of install that Khouloud told me to do.

Michael K
Senior III

I had the same problem. Uninstalling Java 64 bit 8_241 and upgrading to the latest Java SE 13 did not solve the issue - however, afterwards I uninstalled and reinstalled CubeMX 5.5.0 and the problem disappeared.