cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded STM32CubeMX from 5.4.0 to 5.5.0 and now it fails to generate the project.

Svenn Dahlstrom
Associate III

Upgraded STM32CubeMX from 5.4.0 to 5.5.0 and H7 firmware package to V1.6.0 and migrated.

When generating code it tells me the code is successfully generated but STM32CubeIDEproject generation have a problem.

Building the project fails:

make: *** No rule to make target 'C:/git/ELS/sbc_bootloader/CM7/Src/sys.c', needed by 'Application/User/sys.o'. Stop.

The same thing happens if I start a new project.

I'm using the STM32H745ZITx.

STM32CubeIDEproject generation have a problem, what problem?

Please fix 🙂

0690X00000BvxCYQAZ.png

26 REPLIES 26
Cartu38 OpenDev
Lead II

How did you​ get STM32CubeMX 5.5.0?. From complete fresh install or updating a 5.4.0 one ?.

If update could you have a try relying on your .ioc file AND complete 5.5.0 fresh install? ​

First I tried updating from CubeMX 5.4.0.

And the error came up when generating code.

Then I downgraded to 5.4.0 with a file I downloaded from the ST site.

This was last week.

Yesterday I upgraded again to 5.5.0 but this time with a file downloaded from ST site, but still the same.

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Could you please  @Svenn Dahlstrom​ change the java version ? try the 1.8.0_211-b12 64bit

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

according to your .log file : ​Detected Java Version = 13.0.1

I will try this tomorrow 🙂

Yes, I updated Java SE DK to 13.0.1 from 12.0.1 yesterday before upgrading to CubeMX 5.5.0

This means that last week when I upgraded to CubeMX 5.5.0 I had Java SE DK 12.0.1 and this gave the same result.

​Okey thanks to inform me of the result obtained.

Khouloud

Khouloud ZEMMELI
ST Employee

​Hello @Svenn Dahlstrom​ ,

Issue will be fixed in the next release,

For the moment ,please delete the binarie file  under third_parties_plugins in the folder of install , and it will work.

Best Regards,

Khouloud.

Updated to java 1.8.0_211-b12 but still the same :(

java version "1.8.0_211"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_211-b12)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.211-b12, mixed mode)

Thanks @Khouloud ZEMMELI​, I deleted the folder and code generation is not having problems anymore.

But it still deletes CM7\IScr\sys.c and CM7\Inc\sys.h files :crying_face:.

Will this also be fixed in the next release?