cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Tutorial videos in STM32CubeMX] Your ideas are welcome

Jeanne Joly
Senior III

Around 40 tutorial videos are accessible from STM32CubeMX in Help menu/Tutorial videos since STM32CubeMX 6.0.0 release.

All those videos intend to answer frequent STM32CubeMX users questions.

It deals with various subjects such as FreeRTOS, DMA, GPIO, Software packs, System view tips, Getting started with X-Cube BLE, pinout view tips…

Those videos will be available to China users in the next STM32CubeMX release (6.1.0).

If you think that some specific tips, features or complex subjects are not yet addressed with these tutorial videos, we will be glad to hear your valuable proposals.

Thanks to share your ideas with maximum of details.

67 REPLIES 67

Sounds like what's really needed is some videos on how to code, code libraries and port a wealth of available code/examples of said.

Bits of I2C attached hardware don't behave differently just because they are attached to an STM32..

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

As far as I know, there is still no RTC better than the DS3231 (or DS3232). Anyone who wants thermal stability will always find these models as a reference. And maybe no other manufacturer does anything better, or maybe one makes a lower power version. To call such an RTC a joke is to reveal yourself as not knowing this RTC.

KiptonM
Lead

I am trying to be able to load code over the UART or I2C. The documentation and HAL for changing the User protection and Option bits is very poor. A working example would be very helpful.

Jeanne Joly
Senior III

Thanks for sharing ideas for new tutorial videos subjects. While prioritizing videos for new STM32CubeMX features, we are investigating the best way to bring some new videos on proposed subjects.

magene
Senior II

One more thought. An example video or just an example program that shows how to use the HAL library in a C++ app would be really helpful to those of us trying to use an object oriented architecture in our embedded apps. For example, an example program that showed how to build a UART class that encapsulated all the data and functions need to setup a UART and provided polled, interrupt and DMA read write functions would be really valuable. Particularly if it could be used as an example that could be applied to the other peripherals, I2C, SPI, timers, etc.

JMeye.2
Associate II

Topics I would like:

• Bootloader implementation and how to properly encrypt and secure firmware
  • Complete finished project series. Not just demos but something close to a finished "product"
  • DMA for more complex cases like unknow receive size etc.
  • More complex USB examples. Not just hey we send out the data we receive
  • How to set up the STM32CubeIDE properly with C++.
Johi
Senior III

Since STM32CubeIDE is unable to rename/refactor projects properly, it would be nice to have a demo that shows how this can be done manually. The aspect of backing up and restoring projects properly (for example in an other folder with other references) would be quite interesting for many users. Since everybody, sooner or later is confronted with this aspect it will benefit many of us.

PHolt.1
Senior III

A lot of the videos are not done in English. Or they might be but I can't understand the speaker.

I'd like a video going over how to get CubeIDE, FreeRTOS, LwIP, and ethernet to play nicely with each other.

There seems to be a lot of missing documentation and broken examples at this time. By putting together a video, your FAEs would have to refresh their knowledge, discover all of the written rules, and bring them together in a video.

Please??

TDK
Guru

I would like to see CubeMX with an updater that didn't fail 50% of the time. Why exactly is the server that supports the update so awful?

0693W00000SwIqDQAV.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".