cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Tutorial videos in STM32CubeMX] Your ideas are welcome

Jeanne Joly
Senior III

Around 40 tutorial videos are accessible from STM32CubeMX in Help menu/Tutorial videos since STM32CubeMX 6.0.0 release.

All those videos intend to answer frequent STM32CubeMX users questions.

It deals with various subjects such as FreeRTOS, DMA, GPIO, Software packs, System view tips, Getting started with X-Cube BLE, pinout view tips…

Those videos will be available to China users in the next STM32CubeMX release (6.1.0).

If you think that some specific tips, features or complex subjects are not yet addressed with these tutorial videos, we will be glad to hear your valuable proposals.

Thanks to share your ideas with maximum of details.

67 REPLIES 67
LMI2
Lead

How to setup and build Ethernet HW and SW for various CPUs.

Just use FreeRTOS. It is very userfriendly.

DS3231? Is it a joke?

This is chip from 2005. Use RTC build-in stm32.

I read some time ago that the RTC in STM32 was tricky to use. DS3231 is accurate and relatively easy to use. Besides, DS3231 is supported elsewhere, but not in STM32.

use CubeIDE and google. RTC in stm32 is easy! I use it without problems.

Mbed users have written many libraries for various peripheral chips. Are there any for FreeRtos?

What chip do you use? Does your RTC keep its time when the main power is off.

Besides, there really should be more examples for I2C and SPI.

Grant Bt
Senior

I would start by having the presenter not read the text from the PDF file. If the presenter is not explaining in better terms than the PDF then what is the point? I'm currently watching a video of someone reading the PDF.

https://youtu.be/U2alCU6pDjc?t=48

AndreasPA
Associate III

More hands on videos with the stm32MP1, currently some of the startup material doesnt run smoothly or you have to make little changes to the commands etc etc.

otherwise really we're better off going to something like begalbone. if it's a pain in the **** to get started with it and support is waiting a few weeks to get a response i dont see a reason to learn the system.