cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TIM12 TRGO can't handle DMA request generator (STM32H743vit6)

SeyyedMohammad
Senior III

As noted in reference manual TIM12 TRGO is connected to DMAmux DMAgenerator. I have written program that LPTIM3 can handle DMA but in case of TIM12 there is no reaction from DMA. I've appended the code, it's base on STM32cubeIDE 1.10.1. I think it must be bug but could you please see my simple code demonstrating this problem?

By inverting comment of these two you will switch between LPTIM and TIM12:

//  HAL_DMAEx_EnableMuxRequestGenerator(&hdma_dma_generator1);
  HAL_DMAEx_EnableMuxRequestGenerator(&hdma_dma_generator0);

//  HAL_DMA_Start(&hdma_dma_generator1, (uint32_t)&buftemp, (uint32_t)&buftransit, 1);
  HAL_DMA_Start(&hdma_dma_generator0, (uint32_t)&buftemp, (uint32_t)&buftransit, 1);

Note that thi TIM12 code will hardfault after a few miniute.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @SeyyedMohammad​ 

This problem is raised internally to be reviewed. I'll keep you informed with the updates.

Internal ticket number: 136923 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
FBL
ST Employee

Hello @SeyyedMohammad​ 

This problem is raised internally to be reviewed. I'll keep you informed with the updates.

Internal ticket number: 136923 (This is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

FBL
ST Employee

I confirm trigger output parameters are missing in CubeMX for TIM12,

I suggest doing it manually until the fix, you can refer to the code attached which set MMS bit to 0x02 in TIM12 control register (TIM12_CR2)

Thank you so much.👌