cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H743VIT6 - Device Configuration Tool Code Generator: D1CPRE Clock frequency must be =< 200MHz

RhSilicon
Lead

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting around the USB port stuck issue on the STM32F407VGT6, so I'm looking to get to know the STM32H743VIT6.

The problem is that I believed that the clock of this STM32H743VIT6 was 480MHz, but the generator says it has to be below 200MHz. Is this correct?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @RhSilicon ,

For a complete answer to your questions, please refer to this knowledge article: How to reach 480MHz for STM32H7xx MCUs ? - STMicroelectronics Community.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
AScha.3
Chief II

hi,

the max. allowed clk depends on the core voltage setting and chip revision ;

try rev. V  , scale 0 , LDO

AScha3_0-1686980929880.png

AScha3_1-1686980973234.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Thanks,

The limit actually rose to 400MHz, but it hasn't reached 480MHz yet.

I think it's still bad to operate the IDE, it's not intuitive.

This "2WS latency" and "Pwr Reg V Scale 0" option only appeared after I tried to put a Clock value above the limit.

So I had to go back to the previous tab, "Pinout & Configuration" again.

Only after modifying the configuration again, it was possible to put 480MHz.

STM32H743VIT6_F_OUT_OF_RANGE_400MHz.png

Got it, first you have to select the "revision V", and then the "Pwr Reg V Scale 0" option will appear.

Arabic way of doing things, from bottom to top.

Didn't I write this??

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I didn't understand the first time, maybe because the images are in the opposite order. But thank you for the information.

H7 Clock.png

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hi @RhSilicon ,

For a complete answer to your questions, please refer to this knowledge article: How to reach 480MHz for STM32H7xx MCUs ? - STMicroelectronics Community.

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi, since one of the attractions of the MCU H7 is that it can run at 480MHz, if not its biggest attraction, wouldn't it be more convenient for the user to find the revision checkbox at the top of the STM32CubeIDE settings tab?