cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The project description file (.project) is missing.

ksale.1
Senior

Hi,

Code is generated using CubeMX, the attached screenshots may demonstrate the issue:

0693W00000KZmI8QAL.jpg0693W00000KZmHAQA1.jpg0693W00000KZmGlQAL.jpg0693W00000KZmGWQA1.jpgCubeMX v 6.3.0

CubeIDE v 1.8.0

TouchGFX 4.18.0_M7

Why 2 projrcts are created, one for CM4 and another for CM7?

Thank you in advance for your help

8 REPLIES 8
TDK
Guru

How are you opening the project? Should be clicking "Open in IDE" after generating the code.

There are two projects because the chip has two cores, but both projects should be within a parent project. Look at the file structure on disk.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
ksale.1
Senior

HI @TDK​ 

I open the project from CubeMX popup window asking to open the project or open the file location... I choose open the project

BR

ksale.1
Senior

Hi @TDK​ 

Yes, both CM4 and CM7 are within a parent project. In such case how should I build and debug the project?

BR

TDK
Guru

Not sure why it isn't working. Nonstandard characters in path name? Are .project files in the project directories?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
mattias norlander
ST Employee

Could you please attach screenshots from your "file system" to compare the following folders.

Top-level project:

0693W00000Ka7ooQAB.pngCortex-M7 project:

0693W00000Ka7pDQAR.png 

Do you have the .project and .cproject files as shown above?

Could there by a permission problem with the D:\WorkArea folder?

• The c-code generation is managed by MX.
  • The generation of the .project/.cproject files is... a separate process.

Maybe c-files can be generated but not .project/.cproject files...

ksale.1
Senior

HI,

Thank you for your help. I followed App note AN5361 and it is working. For some reason the 2nd day I couldn't SWD connection at all, but this is a different problem I guess. Please find below the STM32H74BIT6 schematic and Cube programmer screen

0693W00000KaAA3QAN.jpg0693W00000KaAArQAN.jpg

ksale.1
Senior

Hi, @TDK​ , @mattias norlander​ ,@Community member​ 

Please note the issue above. Please note I'm software developer, my hardware background is sketchy.

Hi,

The H745 silicon contains two regulators, but the board hardware (external connection) differs. for example the Nucleo 144 using STM32H745 is configured to use SMPS. Configuring an invalid power mode by software could prevent the device from working. It is possible to recover the board if we boot on bootloader (boot0=VDD) and erase the Flash. Connect with power cycling option (under power down) of cube programmer can help.

Also, this article can help: Unable to connect to STM32H7 devices

0693W00000Kb9AJQAZ.pngBouraoui