cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMCubeIDE problem with repository directory

Osto
Senior

Hi,

With CubeMX I can adjust where the repositories are saved. This function is missing in CubeIDE and its also not using the same from CubeMX.

Because the saved files are huge, then I get problem when I login/logout in the company. Because the files are saved in the user directory, the first login/logout needed more than 1 hour because windows want to synchronise with the servers profile and the CubeIDE files are in the profile. The same happens again when i update the device database. This need a change or is there any way to change it?

At the other side, its without any reason to have the same files twice in the system!!?? Why both programms dont use the same data?

Osto

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Of course you can use the same repository for CubeMX as for CubeIDE. But CubeIDE is based on Eclipse and therefore looks a bit different than CubeMX.

Just:

• open CubeIDE
  • open Window > Preferences
  • on the left menu select STM32Cube > Firmware Updater
  • browse your firmware repository position
  • finally Apply and Close

That easy...

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Of course you can use the same repository for CubeMX as for CubeIDE. But CubeIDE is based on Eclipse and therefore looks a bit different than CubeMX.

Just:

• open CubeIDE
  • open Window > Preferences
  • on the left menu select STM32Cube > Firmware Updater
  • browse your firmware repository position
  • finally Apply and Close

That easy...

Good luck!

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks a lot. Its working.