Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32U5 IAP_main example NOT working

jacopokunak
Associate III

Hi,

I am using STM32CubeMX version 6.11.0 .

I want to test the "IAP_main" example for the STM32U575I-EV.

I start the project as follows :

IAP_main_u5_error0.png

Then when I try to Generate Code for the STM32CubeIDE in CubeMX the following error occurs:

IAP_main_u5_error1.png

The code gets generated and I can open it in STM32CubeIDE  but it doesn't build properly:

IAP_main_u5_error2.png

The build errors says that the MX functions called in the main file are not linked and there is no reference to them.

I have attached the build log where the errors are displayed.

The project is as it is generated by CubeMX  with no modification made.

What may be happening here ? Some CubeMX libraries that for the STM32U5 do not work well ?

If I launch the same example for the STM32H573I-DK it doesn't have any problem and it builds as expected.

4 REPLIES 4
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @jacopokunak and welcome to the Community 🙂

I can't reproduce the issue when using the latest release of STM32CubeMX (v6.11.0) and STM32CubeIDE (v1.15.0).

Could you please try with STM32CubeIDE v1.15.0?

Then, please keep me informed about your update.

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen
AScha.3
Chief

Hi,

Try with standard setting : ..under root ->

AScha3_0-1712239960010.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Hi AScha.3,

If I select Generate Under Root the first error disappears but new build errors are generated:

iap error.png

All these files do not build.

So look at the errors , it telling why...especially the first error (often same reason (include missing etc.)).

Or show it. 🙂

+

Do : generate code (again) in Cube/ioc , then compile again.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".