cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

stm32l4r9xx.h gives a warning about passing argument 2 of HAL_GPIO_WritePin makes Integer from Point without a cast

crackl1ng
Associate III

Hello STM32-Community,

I've got a somewhat mundane problem today. Suddenly a piece of .h file decides to give a warning. I'm using STM32CubeMX and have also rebuilt the project multiple times and I still get this warning:

0693W00000KcYRWQA3.png 

Anyone knows how to fix this issue? I'm just afraid it might also be a warning which can be serious in the future.

Kind regards

crackl1ng

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

GCC is not prone to erratic behavior, gotta be an answer somewhere.

Perhaps mismatched brackets or other syntax error.

I would look at usages of HAL_GPIO_WritePin and GPIOB_BASE.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
KnarfB
Principal III

Something behind the curtain went out of sync, I would ignore that.

Delete all warnings in the problems view and retry.

hth

KnarfB

TDK
Guru

Show the code that produces the error. You don't how the call to the function.

Oh it actually is from an include. That is weird. Line 21 of main.c is #include main.h?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Exactly. I tried to retrace everything and went from main.c -> main.h -> stm32.... .h etc.

I have also looked where I use GPIOB everywhere and I haven't used it in any new functions. The old ones are unchanged for months.

They are just some other unrelated warnings from unused variables, which I use in debugging. I can also delete them, but I dont think it will resolve the issue.

Don't see a real issue here. What warnings do you see in the build console window? This is the authoritative gcc generated output. Everthing else is "nice to have" and probably implemented deeply inside Eclipse, while CubeIDE is only a thin crust on top of that.

hth

KnarfB

GCC is not prone to erratic behavior, gotta be an answer somewhere.

Perhaps mismatched brackets or other syntax error.

I would look at usages of HAL_GPIO_WritePin and GPIOB_BASE.

That was the solution! I confused PIN/Port Accidantly in one. I wonder why it did not mention the error there.

Thank you very much!