cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32H743 (STM32H7) SDMMC DMA not configurable

caleb
Associate III

Hello,

I'm attempting to use the SDMMC with an SD card, and with DMA. However, when I use the STM32CubeMX IDE, there is no option to enable or use the DMA.

Using: STM32CubeMX version 5.3.0

Here's the configuration for SDMMC1 on the STM32H743

0690X00000AA4V8QAL.png

And here it is for SDMMC1on the STM32F7

0690X00000AA4VIQA1.png

Notice that there is no DMA configuration option for the H7, but there is for the F7.

Does this mean that ST doesn't have DMA based drivers on the H7? With the polling drivers, my performance is extremely slow -- something like 0.2MB/sec.

Any idea how to get reasonably high write speeds on the SDMMC interface on the H7?

BTW, I'm using a custom board without the transceiver.

Thanks,

-Caleb

13 REPLIES 13
caleb
Associate III

Doh! How did I miss that? Thanks,

-Caleb

Mohammed Eshaq
Associate III

I have the exact same problem. After debugging I found out that: HAL_SD_TxCpltCallback() and HAL_SD_RxCpltCallback() never get called!

Any ideas?

Reza1
Associate II

Hi,

I have faced same issues in 2022. I'm using STM32H743II and Generating its code with  STM32CubeMX version 6.3.0 and FatFs library.

When I touch the screen repetitively, "f_open" returns DISK_ERROR. I have seen this problem when have used STM32F7 and i have resolved it by confining micro SD with DMA. Now I want to run micro SD with DMA in STM32H743II but I can't reach the appropriate config in Cube. I have read about IDMA and MDMA but can't run them. I don't know how config IDMA or MDMA with SDMMC.

I hope someone helps me, please?

Thanks

Reza1
Associate II

Hi,

I have faced with same issues in 2022. I'm using STM32H743II and generating its code with STM32CubeMX version 6.3.0 and FatFs library.

When I touch the screen repetitively, "f_open" returns DISK_ERROR. I have seen this problem when have used STM32F7 and I have resolved it by setting micro SD with DMA. Now I want to run micro SD with DMA in STM32H743II but I can't reach the appropriate config in Cube. I have read about IDMA and MDMA but can't run them. I don't know how config IDMA or MDMA with SDMMC.

Anybody can help me, please?

Thanks