cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX should be support multiple projects in same windows

Tinnagit
Senior II

I have experience with STM32CubeMX for a while.
I usually use many projects in same time because I have to config a production board follow development board configuration or I have to find what the difference between them. So I think that it's easier to work if it's in same windows like as STM32CubeIDE.

it just an Idea for considering.

6 REPLIES 6
RhSilicon
Lead

to find what the difference between them

There are specific programs for comparison

winmerge

https://thememunk.com/best-text-comparison-tools/

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

Do you want it side by side or like tabs? (I guess the latter, else you just can open two instances of Cube)

I need just open in list of project like as workspace and open as a tab. I think that it make easier to use. 

TDK
Guru

Opening CubeMX from within CubeIDE effectively does this, no?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

I had try it but It was like unfinished task. I feel that it's not work smoothly.
But I think like you that if the all feature run inside single platform but somehow I know that it's not easy to do.

I was dealing with this just the other day. I had to use CubeMX to switch processors, pull the ioc into CubeIDE to actually use it, but now I have to make sure that all of the options are set properly.

Open one ioc, switch to the other and the first one closes. BAH. The principle of least surprise led me to expect that I could just switch between the two ioc files in the Device Configuration Tool tabs but - sigh - no.

I ended up using Beyond Compare (excellent tool) to compare the contents of the ioc files which told me where to look in CubeIDE for stuff to change.