cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMx KiCad export not working

Christian Pommer
Associate II

I am using STM32CUBEMX 6.6.1. When trying to export a Kicad model, the model turns out empty without any Pins.

6 REPLIES 6
Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

Welcome, @Christian Pommer​, to the community!

How did you export a model from a project created using STM32CubeMX to import it into KiCAD?

Regards

/Peter

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Christian Pommer
Associate II

Hello Peter,

I used the TOOL -> CAD Tab.

Choosing Kicad as CAD Product. Export Pins including labels. Then download CAD Model.

The model is generated but includes no connectable pins as shown in the following graphic.

0693W00000QLx5aQAD.jpgI also checked the generated files. It only contains the information for the shape.

Best regards,

Christian Pommer

Peter BENSCH
ST Employee

You would have to explain in more detail how you exported this, CAD Tab is completely unknown to me at least.

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Christian Pommer
Associate II

The CAD Subtab was added with STM32CUBEMX 6.6 and can be found right below the PCC power tools in the tools tab.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Select any MCU
  2. Configure Pins in any way shape or form
  3. Select the Tools Tab next to the Project manager Tab.
  4. Select The CAD Sub-Tab right below the PCC subtab.
  5. Select KiCad from the DropDown Menu
  6. Klick the Checkbox below the Drop Down menu. Kicad should now be displayed in the table in the top center.
  7. Agree to Terms and Conditions
  8. Press the CAD Download Button
  9. Save file wherever necessary

I am sorry for not providing the necessary steps in the first place.

Indeed... Well, the point 4 is a good example how things can be hidden in plain sight!

semmelrinde
Associate II

Bug again occurs, please let me know when it is fixed.