cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX 6.8.1 and STM32CubeIDE 1.12.1 released

Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

STM32CubeIDE/CLT 1.12.1  was released on st.com as well as an in-tool update patch. 

Aligned with STM32CubeMX v6.8.1 that is available for download .

Caution: The in-tool update does not allow updating drivers and ST-LINK server tool. Full installer is required for this.

Main issues fixed in this patch:

This patch release fixes the issues related to the following cases:

STM32CubeIDE

• Incorrect permission of lib jspawnhelper in jre packaged in STM3CubeIDE.
  • STM32CubeIDE does not launch with Linux Fedora

STM32CubeCLT

•  Variable path is removed when CubeCLT is installed.

STM32CubeMX

• CubeMX project Cube IDE complication error on ETH
  • Update to CubeMX 6.8 adds non-working VOSRDY flag check to SystemClock_Config() on STM32F7 using LL drivers.
  • [X-CUBE-FREERTOS][v1.0.1] Can't select previous version with secure context
  • [STM32CubeMX][MDMA] MDMA GUI crash causing issue with tool

Where do I obtain CubeIDE ,CLT 1.12.1 and CubeMX 6.8.1 ?

1. updating STM32CubeIDE, the post-update restart fails. STM32CubeIDE must be restarted manually

Related threads

Update to CubeMX 6.8 adds non-working VOSRDY flag check to SystemClock_Config() on STM32F7 using LL drivers

Click on cubeIDE 1.12 MDMA section sometime causes MX tab an undefined behaviour

6 REPLIES 6
chriscole
Associate III

I'm seeing incorrect behavior in the Clock Configuration screen. It is flagging valid values as being out of range (STM32H743XIH6). Is anyone else seeing this? If I save and re-start CubeMX, I still see the same problem.

0693W00000biyo2QAA.png

chriscole
Associate III

Attached is the ioc file that exhibits the issue.

OK I found the reason -- I had silicon rev Y selected (has max core clock speed of 400 MHz) instead of V (supports max core clock speed of 480 MHz). It was non-obvious to me what the problem was, perhaps the reason can be displayed when you hover the mouse over the red boxes.

Hello @chriscole​ ,

For the STM32H743 , we have 3 revision :

0693W00000Y8BccQAF.png 

Use silicon revision V devices to reach a maximum frequency of 480 MHz.

Foued

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Dana Myers
Senior

I'm seeing a problem that may be related to V1.12.1: when debugging on an STM32WLE5 using an STlink/V2, I often see the debugging session suddenly end when hitting a breakpoint. Restarting STM32CubeIDE makes the problem go away for some time, but it eventually happens again.

I don't think there's anything special about the breakpoint (it's in an ISR callback, but that shouldn't matter).

What logs might I collect next time it happens?

MKori.1
Associate III

Does this fix the issue with the removed Middleware folder?https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W00002ChskuSAB/update-to-stm32cubeide-1120-stm32cubemx-680-removes-middleware-folder-and-breaks-stl-build?t=1684239608514&searchQuery