cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem upgrading from CubeMX 6.2.0 to CubeMX 6.11.0

VWu.1
Associate

Hi, 

We have a product that is using STM32F429BIT6 processor. We've been using "CubeMX 6.2.0" and "STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.26.1". And everything has been working fine so far. Recently, we've attempted to upgrade to CubeMX 6.11.0 and the latest FW 1.28.0 and ran into some problems.

Attached host_cca_app_6_2.ioc that was generated from CubeMX 6.2.0. 

And host_cca_app_6_11.ioc was generated from CubeMX 6.11.0 via the "Migrate" option.

There are a few issues that we noticed after the "Migrate":

1. PA15 disappears after "Migrate". "Mcu.Pin111" was assigned with PA15 in 6.2.0 but now is assigned with PC10. And all the pins after get pushed off by one pin if you compare line 219 to line 262. One question is, why would upgrading change the physical pin assignments. 

2. "Mcu.PinsNb=150" in the upgraded version. "Mcu.PinsNb=151" in the old version.

3. All the NVIC.xxx have one extra boolean variable settings at the end, what is that?

4. JTAG_4_pins is disabled (grey'ed out) in the upgraded version but it was enabled in the old version.

5. If we want to upgrade to FW 1.28.0, which CubeMX version should we use if we can't get 6.11.0 to work with the migration?

@Torben1

2 REPLIES 2
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @VWu.1 

I'm looking for this behavior and i will be back to you with an answer as soon as possible.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32 

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @VWu.1 

I've escalated this internally to the concerned team (under internal ticket number 178617) to answer and correct possible problems.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.