cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only Release configuration generation

ppedro
Associate II

Hello,

I am using STM32CubeIDE v1.14.1. I am trying to setup my project such a way that the code generator generates only Release configuration. Or to be more precise, just to update the only existing configuration (Release, defined in the .cproject file).

In my case it works such a way that after code generation I am getting 2 new configurations (Release + Debug) besides my existing Release configuration.

Any advise is appreciated.

Thanx.

Best regards,

peter

5 REPLIES 5
TDK
Guru

I had no problem deleting the Debug configuration that it generated, then regenerating code. After that only Release is shown. Debug was not re-created.

How was your project created/imported? Likely if you transitioned to the newly created Release config, things would work as desired.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
ppedro
Associate II

Hi TDK,

thanx for your reply. I used the project file from a "not generated" project. The way you suggested I already started to go. My understanding is that probably the existing Release config is not fully compliant and thus the generator creates new ones.

Now I am moving "my stuff" to the generated configuration and then I will see how it works when re-generating again.

Thanx.

Best regards,

peter

ppedro
Associate II

Hi again,

I used the approach described above. I also used an empty project. Despite that I am getting additional 2 configurations (Debug+Release) every time I generate the code.

I also deleted all the configurations, added a new Release one. The result is the same.

Any hint where this is hard wired?

Thanx.

Best regards,

peter

TDK
Guru

Doesn't really make sense why we would be seeing different behavior.

Perhaps you will just need to live with having two configurations.

> Any hint where this is hard wired?

Not sure it matters. It is what it is. You need to work within the limitations of CubeMX if you want to use it.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
ppedro
Associate II

Hi again,

maybe I was not clear enough. The problem is not that I am having both Release and Debug configurations. The problem is that how many times I trigger code generation, I am getting additional 2 new configurations - Debug + Release. So my number of configurations permanently grows.

Maybe additional information - this project is a subproject of another one, along with 2 others. Those 2 dont use code generation so no problem there.

Best regards,

peter