cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable LWIP_SOCKET on Nucleo-F767ZI board in CubeIDE

Chao
Senior

Hi,

I have a Nucleo-F767ZI board, and am trying to configure it to use its LEDs, USART3 which is the virtual com port of the ST-Link on the board, and eth, I added LWIP, but I am unable to enable the LWIP_SOCKET as it requres to enable LWIP_NETCONN, by looking through the "General Settings" and "Key Options" with "Show Advanced Parameters" checkbox checked, I did not get a clue on how to do it.

Chao_1-1709634060539.png

Regards

Chao

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Chao 

To be able to enable the LWIP_SOCKET API, you should enable an operating system (FREERTOS for example).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
STTwo-32
ST Employee

Hello @Chao 

To be able to enable the LWIP_SOCKET API, you should enable an operating system (FREERTOS for example).

Best Regards.

STTwo-32

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you!

I decide to use RAW API, and have seen that LWIP contains debug code, do you know how to switch on its debug functionality? I  enabled all debug options for TCP, but found LWIP_DEBUG is not defined, I tried to do the define in lwipopts.h, but I found I still did not get it properly defined, at the moment I tempararily define it in debug.h and it works, but you know this is not the correct way to do it, debug.h is generated by CubeMX and I have to manually define it every time I change the .ioc file.

Regards

Chao

I'm not an expert on this. I suggest you close this topic by choosing a "best answer" since the original question is answered. Then, ask this question with more details in a new post to have better chance to have answer.

Best Regards.

STTwo-32