cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with new Firmware Packages for STM32L4R5ZI Nucleo board

SSing.10
Associate II

Hi All,

I am working on my Nucleo-L4R5ZI board and facing issues with firmware sdk packages downloaded by "Stm32cubeMx" and "Stm32CubeIDE" software respectively.

I am just trying to test the board using simple led toggle program but it unable to make it toggle properly and tested in other different IDE but issues remain same & present.

Then I have tested it some older developed program using keil IDE it works in that environment, means in older firmware packages it works but not in new latest ones.

(Note - My older firmware packages was deleted and after setting up new Stm32CubeMx it downloads new latest which is not working with my board)

I request you all to please share the possible solution for the same.

I am sharing my very simple and basic IOC file to re-create & perform the same for testing.

Thanks & Regards

SS

12 REPLIES 12
TDK
Guru

Debug the code and see where it gets stuck.

You can download older firmware packages in Help -> Manage Embedded Software Packages...

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
SSing.10
Associate II

it get stuck in the "HAL_Delay(1000)" statement and never comes out of it. As I always start with basic gpio toggle program to check my board but with newer software packages it is not working properly.

I request you please use my above shared .ioc file configuration for the stm32l4r5zi board and try to toggle PC7 pin at 1 sec you come to know exactly what is the issue.

Please suggest the solution for the same.

TDK
Guru

HAL_Delay blocking suggests SysTick is not getting handled correctly. Perhaps the vector table is not initialized correctly, or perhaps interrupts are disabled, or perhaps you're calling it within an interrupt with higher priority.

Ensure SCB->VTOR is being set correctly at startup to the start of your vector table, typically 0x08000000.

An IOC file doesn't contain user code, so sharing that alone doesn't show us what you're doing.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
SSing.10
Associate II

Hi TDK,

I am not making any configuration additional, just making one GPIO - PC7 output only for making Led toggle on Eval kit before starting project.

And not touching any thing extra at initial stage, like any interrupt setting & all.

Even I never used to change any of the vector table address in any of my projects, everything is as it is at default conditions.

And I am sharing my project for reference with the all the file, Please let me know the error or modification required.

Looking forward for your responses ...

Thanks & Regards

SS

TDK
Guru

Not sure what to make of this:

// below is changes found form the keil ide led blink demo
  /*
   * Configure the Systick interrupt time
  */
  HAL_SYSTICK_Config(HAL_RCC_GetHCLKFreq()/1000);

/*
   * Configure the Systick
  */
  HAL_SYSTICK_CLKSourceConfig(SYSTICK_CLKSOURCE_HCLK);

/* SysTick_IRQn interrupt configuration */
  HAL_NVIC_SetPriority(SysTick_IRQn, 0, 0);
  // here it ends for the led blink demo file

The comments don't look like generated code. Are these lines also in the CubeIDE project you're running or just in Keil?

SSing.10
Associate II

Hi,

Please ignore above statement from the shared example code, I was just testing the above statements from the running the keil project.

It was just for testing purpose you remove this section and comparing the two different projects to identify the changes.

I was comparing the simple generated the stm32cubemx code generator firmware file to figure out the solutions.

It will be great if you can share your feedback for the running the simple Led toggle, as I mentioned about facing issue after new firmware packages installation.

I have tested all the test point you mentioned above regarding the vector table addresses all the setting are kept unchanged/untouched.

Please share us solution for the same.

SSing.10
Associate II

Hi

awaiting for your response !!!

Please share possible solution for the same.

Regards

SS

I have compiled your project as is under CubeIDE => works.

Generated EWARM from your .ioc => works.

Check the board for something wrong.

SSing.10
Associate II

Hi,

Can you please share me your code so that I can check the same.

And it will be great if you can share me some check points to verify the board is properly working or not.

(my board is STM32 Nucleo L45ZI)

Regards

SS