cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I try to change frequency to 400 MHz then IDE show popup window: "Frequency searched for is out of range for this VOS range".

LSet.1
Associate II

The maximum frequency I can set is 200 MHz.

STM32H743VIT6

CubeIDE 1.6.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MEdgerton
Senior

I looked this up and found that changing the RCC setting Power Regulator Voltage scale to 0 fixed this.

It appears to be a new setting in STM32CuveIDE (I started on 1.3.1). It appears to default to the wrng setting..... correct me if this is wrong as there is no documentation, only what I read elsewhere.

Mark

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
TDK
Guru

You can change it manually. Change DIVN1 to 64 and adjust DxPPREx to respect max timings.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
LSet.1
Associate II

Thank you! It's works. It seems to me that in the previous version of IDE these indicators were set automatically.

And what is your VOS setting?

JW

LSet.1
Associate II

Sorry I'm a newbie in STM32 and may misunderstand the acronyms. If it's register PWR_D3CR_VOS, then VOS_0 = 1 and VOS_1 = 1.

I have "DevEBox" development board. ST-LINK conntect by SWD mode.

And are these values somehow set in CubeMX, too?

Maybe the "Power regulator voltage sc." in the picture you've posted.

I don't use CubeMX.

JW

DevEBox / WeAct boards here certainly run up to 400-480 MHz when coded in HAL directly.

CubeMX/IDE clock fitter blocking would seem like an app level issue, and missing some settings somewhere.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
MEdgerton
Senior

I looked this up and found that changing the RCC setting Power Regulator Voltage scale to 0 fixed this.

It appears to be a new setting in STM32CuveIDE (I started on 1.3.1). It appears to default to the wrng setting..... correct me if this is wrong as there is no documentation, only what I read elsewhere.

Mark

Yes. They are somewhere there in the CubeMx.

> there is no documentation

The relationship between the VOS setting and maximum frequency is documented in the Datasheet.

JW