cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2S and Low-level drivers (LL)

Andrew Androsow
Associate II

Hello everyone! Is it possible to initialize an I2S interface using LL drivers?There is only one option in the CubeMX (project manager->advanced settings): HAL. Other peripherals (for example I2C, TIM, USART, SPI) have 2 options HAL/LL. Is it any sense to use LL with I2S at all?

Thanks for response!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDK
Guru

If it's not an option in CubeMX, it's probably not supported or not finished. LL came after HAL and doesn't have all of its capabilities.

> Is it any sense to use LL with I2S at all?

I don't think LL should ever be used, or anything. Either stick with HAL or use your own register-level code. The LL functions are largely renamed register accesses. Your choice, of course.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
TDK
Guru

If it's not an option in CubeMX, it's probably not supported or not finished. LL came after HAL and doesn't have all of its capabilities.

> Is it any sense to use LL with I2S at all?

I don't think LL should ever be used, or anything. Either stick with HAL or use your own register-level code. The LL functions are largely renamed register accesses. Your choice, of course.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Andrew Androsow
Associate II

Thanks for the help!

Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Andrew Androsow​ ,

Which device are you using ?

As said @TDK: it's maybe not yet supported, or maybe you are using an old CubeMX version, so you should update it and use latest release.

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Hello Imen DAHMEN! The version of my CubeMX is 6.0.1.I had upgraded it (software and libraries) 5 days ago.