cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off the generation of these (DSP, RTOS, RTOS2, etc.) if I use a very simple STM32F103C code?

Szujo
Associate II

Hi,

I'm a beginner, and I try to use STM32F103C8 IC for very simple thing.

I updated Ide and MX program to CubeIde 1.12 and CubeMx 6.8. Now I can not Build my project.

There are many error messages which you can see in the picture.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhkdDQAQ.png 

If I see the Drivers tree, the RTOS2 is marked red icon.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhkdNQAQ.png 

1.) I don't understand the CubeMX why generated DSP, RTOS, RTOS2 etc. parts if I didn't ask for them.

2.) How to turn off the generation of these (DSP, RTOS, RTOS2, etc.)?

3.) What else needs to be installed on my machine so that the build process works properly?

Just as an example, I have included a picture of a previous generated C code produced by CubeMx 6.7 and CubeIde 1.11. You can see how much simpler the structure was.

_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bhkdXQAQ.png 

Best regards

Zoltan

6 REPLIES 6
AScha.3
Chief II

so why not use cubemx 6.7 ?

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Szujo
Associate II

Yes, the question occurred to me. 🙂

I have 3 machines and now I finally installed the same version on all of them. I don't want to deal with the installation again. In addition, CubeIde also forces version 6.8.

I think it would be better to fix everything now, and then I wouldn't have to update for a long time...

AScha.3
Chief II

>then I wouldn't have to update for a long time...

ha ha ... "long" is then about 3 month for you ?

i updated last year, IDE 1.10.1; now is 1.12. ...

i dont wanna update all the time, to get new surprise, whats no more working and worked perfect before.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".
Szujo
Associate II

Looks like we have the solution.

If CubeMx version 6.8 creates the project and the main code, then the RTOS2 part will be included. I think this is a malfunction.

If we create the new project in the CubeIde program and simply import the previous ioc file, CubeIde already generates the src code correctly and the build project runs without errors.

Ghofrane GSOURI
ST Employee

Hello @Szujo​ 

First let me thank you for posting .

Could you please provide the exact steps made to get the mentioned result in the first comment.

Thanks in advance

Ghofrane

Dear Ghofrane,

I experienced a malfunction in the following case:

a.) I installed CubeMx version 6.8 with default settings.

b.) I made a simple setup for the BluePill module. For example: crystal oscillator, SW debug, Timer3 PWM setting without IT.

c.) I saved the project in the CubeMx application and generated the C code.

The C code and project contained components that CubeIde could no longer translate or link.

I hope that the individual steps can be followed, and that the error phenomenon

Best regards

Zoltán