cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F429ZIT6 STM32F429I-DISCO MB1075 B-01cycle NRST _ HELP. This is the NRST waveform.

BKond.1
Associate II

CUBE_MX 6.8.0 Cube PACK 1.27.1 EMPTY project
_legacyfs_online_stmicro_images_0693W00000bi1deQAA.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BKond.1
Associate II

Issue resolved. Vector table =)

USER_VECT_TAB_ADDRESS. just why system_stm32f4xx.c decided to do it this way, this is starting from the 1.26 package. And the same file on 407 works ok.

I laughed for a long time after I solved the problem, I think I'll look for such a request, it turned out that this is a well-known question =) . Thank you.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Bob S
Principal

Is this an ST board (NUCLEO, DISCO, etc.) or a custom board?

If a custom board, what is connected to the NRST pin? Show all power connections if you can. Check the supply voltages. Do you have enough bypass caps on ALL supply pins including VCAP1/2.

BKond.1
Associate II

board STM32F429I-DISCO MB1075 B-01.The demo example works great. When generating a project in the CUBE_MX 6.8.0,pack 1.27.1 , a soft reset is raised cycle.I do not know what to do

Bob S
Principal

Positive the project is empty? No peripherals or GPIO defined? What clock source do you have selected? If HSE do you have the correct crystal frequency? No watchdog enabled? Read back the option bytes from the DISCO board.

BKond.1
Associate II

from the periphery only GPIO. the SFTRSTF flag is constantly raised.

But a few lines on CMSIS work fine. after CUBE_MX, a permanent SFTRSTF. :sleepy_face:

Bob S
Principal

Software reset comes from setting the SYSRESETREQ bit in the CortexM4 AIR register. Somewhere is code that calls NVIC_SystemReset(), or does the equivalent.

So - break out your basic debugging skills. Set a breakpoint at main() and step through your code until it either magically reboots or you find the code that calls NVIC_SystemReset(). If your code doesn't even reach main, open the startup_stm32f427???.s file and set a breakpoint at the "Reset_Handler" able and step from there.

BKond.1
Associate II

Thank you. For not passing by =) It's nice when people are not indifferent.

Debugged 100 times =)

With a debugger, the code goes through the steps every time, so it’s not very clear what the chip doesn’t like. I will search =)

Does it make sense to write in support of ST? And where to write?

Thank you

😉 :hot_beverage:�?

BKond.1
Associate II

Issue resolved. Vector table =)

USER_VECT_TAB_ADDRESS. just why system_stm32f4xx.c decided to do it this way, this is starting from the 1.26 package. And the same file on 407 works ok.

I laughed for a long time after I solved the problem, I think I'll look for such a request, it turned out that this is a well-known question =) . Thank you.

> Issue resolved. Vector table =)

> USER_VECT_TAB_ADDRESS

What is wrong with it?

JW