cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to set PB 8 as BOOT0 pin and PG10 as NRST pin

GHrib.1
Associate III

This is really a basic question, but nevertheless I haven't found an answer.

I am confused primarily about visualization of PB8 and PG10 pins inside CubeIDE MX.

When I create new project I would expect PB8 and PG10 looking "yellow" and also being defined as PB8-BOOT0 and PG10-NRST (second picture from web).

The problem is that they don't look yellow, but grey (first picture from my new project). I also can't choose BOOT0 or NRST function for those pins.

Am i wrong, if I assume that because they are grey, they are in their reset state and their reset state is: PB8-BOOT0 and PG10-NRST. Therefore there will not be any functional problem, as I want to have PB8-BOOT0 and PG10-NRST functionality. And the color mismatch is just some MX bug/new feature?

0693W00000YA8BIQA1.png0693W00000YA8AtQAL.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KnarfB
Principal III

G4 series is very different from F1. BOOT0 and NRST functions are configured in the chip using option bytes programming to have more GPIO available. See reference manual 3.4 FLASH option bytes. Use STM32CubeProgrammer to get/set those values.

hth

KnarfB

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
KnarfB
Principal III

G4 series is very different from F1. BOOT0 and NRST functions are configured in the chip using option bytes programming to have more GPIO available. See reference manual 3.4 FLASH option bytes. Use STM32CubeProgrammer to get/set those values.

hth

KnarfB

GHrib.1
Associate III

Thank you for your answer.

I found some decent explanation inside reference manual GPIO section, but i still dont understand it fully. How do you to set PB8 as GPIO?

0693W00000YA9bHQAT.pngIt is better explained aroud PG10 pin; If i want to use PG10 as GPIO I have to write bitfield NRST_MODE = 2? What would happen if I would leave NRST_MODE as default (NRST_MODE = 3) and inside MX define PG10 as DAC1_EXTI10, this could be useful, but is this kind of doing encouraged or not (having two functions)?