cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lock the firmware package version

Sid Price
Senior

How can I lock the firmware package version used by my CubeIDE project. I do not want the firmware to be updated when I make changes to the MCU pin usage.

8 REPLIES 8
TDK
Guru

Don't upgrade it. Cube won't force you to. The package version is selectable in code generation options.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

Well I hope that is true because I have seen Cube update firmware when saving a change in the configuration tool. On the Project Manager "Project" page the firmware version is greyed out, even though I have a couple of packages for my MCU.

You'll get a screen like this. Make sure you don't blindly click through.

Looks like it is not selectable per se. You can only migrate upwards.

0693W00000DmbkFQAR.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

OK, that would be good.

If one decides to not migrate and then some time later wish to do that, is that possible in Cube?

I get that popup every time I open the IOC file. So you'll have the option whether you like it or not.
recommend backing up the IOC in version control so you can restore in case you misclick.

Excellent, thanks so much for helping alleviate my concerns.

IOC is always in a git repo so in the event I "click through" that dialog incorrectly I should be OK 🙂

Can't you make relevant portions of Cube (the "library") permanently part of your project by simply moving its sources to directories of your project, outside CubeIDE's upgrader's scope?

I don't know, I don't Cube.

JW

Thanks for the response, of course that is one solution, however, disconnecting the firmware from Cube negates one of the benefits of Cube. That is the ability to easily make changes to the peripheral setup.