cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How far can I use the PLL's to overclock the STM32F303CC from 72MHz before adverse impact?

PRedd.5
Associate II

I see that the PLL's can be set to much higher clock than 72MHz rating. What will be the impact of overclocking it to say 100MHz or 144MHz ? What kind of impact are we looking at? I need more clock cycles per second for processing but i also need a 5+ MSPS ADC for my application. So I am exploring overclocking the part. In any case, please do explain overclocking impact and possibilities.

2 REPLIES 2

My car has rated load 500kg. I need to load more to it. What kind of impact are we looking at? I need to transport 1000kg of rebar to the other end of the country.

JW

At some point you'll find the critical path in the IC design, and you'll see some voltage/temperature envelope changes.

Typically the flash will limit your range, and while you can increase the wait-states, the F3 has no caching, so net gains in speed would need to be evaluated with the additional drag on the memory interface. Code could be moved to RAM/CCM

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..