cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone ever got a web server running using CubeMx generated LWIP and Keil uvision?

recently
Associate II

... I'm currently trying this on an STM32H7 nucleo board.

Is it at all possible to use cubemx generated LWIP ? ... I don't think so!

It must be said that there is a "no-go" point: It is completely unacceptable to choose a compiler version <= 5 in Keils latest uvision (37.0.0). There is no developer who could endure the compile times on larger projects (beyond 30 minutes). In this case the Keil support recommends switching to V6. And ok, if I switch to compiler version >= V6 in uvision, then I can compile very quickly. But, if I then want to use freertos, it no longer works. Freertos generated by Cubemx only works with V5 in uvision. But without freertos I can't activate the LWIP library, which I absolutely need for a web server. This means I will be forced to use V5, which is totally unacceptable. The freertos / compiler V5 problem has existed for years now, I`m patiently waiting for a fix. Is nobody interested in fixing it? This is probably due to the fact that the problem cannot be clearly assigned to Keil (the V5 compilation time disaster) or ST (the generation of buggy code), it probably affects both sides. How far away are we from finally successfully configuring a web server using Cubmx that actually works after code generation and compilation with uvision ?

Friendly regards

Recently

11 REPLIES 11

@Henning Jüngst​ I've abandoned Keil some time ago, but I believe that there is a way to get v6 compiler work with FreeRTOS. This is exactly what you need to ask their support.

But please be polite. Assertive, not aggressive.

Yes, you are absolutely right ! ... If I've been trying all day and haven't gotten anything and time is running out, then my nerves are sometimes on edge 🙂