cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating an IOc file from stm32cubeide

SGasp.1
Senior

Hi amazing community

I am working with the evaluation board stm32f429disco 1 (the new on with display)

I am working on the usb host function to read a txt file and then making custom bootloader for a project .

I have found this amazing demo project working perfectly working

https://github.com/STMicroelectronics/STM32CubeF4/tree/master/Projects/STM32F429I-Discovery/Applications/USB_Host/FWupgrade_Standalone

The point is that i want to work with cube mx for generating the code for other peripherals.

Is there a way to create the ioc file starting from this project ?

Is it possible that ST provides a ioc file for the usb host for this evaluation board?

Thanks a lot for the help and support

1 REPLY 1
InsignificantBit
ST Employee

Unfortunately, there is no automated way to recreate STM32CubeMX project from source-code-only project that wasn't generated by CubeMX to start with like this one.

You have pretty much three options:

1) Create a new blank CubeMX project and go through the example project to replicate the settings in CubeMX.

2) Create a new blank CubeMX project, but use existing non-CubeMX generated code from the example project. Go to Project Manager->Advanced settings, and uncheck "Generate Code" for any peripherals that you will be reusing code from. You will still need to enable the peripheral and set up its clocks and anything else that will not be done by the code you re-use from the example project.

3) Do the opposite - create a CubeMX project with all peripheral intialization you want to do, then copy the generated code from the CubeMX project to the example.