cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firmware can't migrate to a new version

MJean.3
Associate III

When I open my first project, I get a message saying that firmware must be upgraded. I clic the button 'migrate'. It works a long time. If I go to the project parameter, it is still the old firmware. And if I quit cubemx and restart it with the same project (I have only one !), I get again the message.

What do I miss ?

Jean

PS images underneath are in the wrong order ...

0693W000005C859QAC.jpg0693W000005C8ASQA0.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi MJean.3,

Thanks for your feedback.

On project load, STM32CubeMX detects if the project was created with an older version of the tool and if this is the case, it proposes the user to either migrate to use the latest STM32CubeMX database and STM32Cube firmware version.

Actually STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.0 is the latest version of firmware for F7 family that's why it can be unchanged after migration (in case you are not using a very old CubeMX version).

0693W000005C9tYQAS.pngOtherwise, from my side, the the warning message disappears when I reload your project and here after how I proceed:

• load the project (you have attached) and choose migrate option.
  • click on Save project and quit CubeMX.
  • Reload the saved project (migrated) and the warning popup will not appear anymore.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Khouloud.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello MJean.3,

For the first point, normally when you choose migrate option, the firmware should be upgraded.

Can you please share your .ioc file as well as the .log file for further check ?

Otherwise, to save the changes (migration) and in order to not get this warning popup when reopening the already migrated CubeMX project you should Save Project before quitting.

0693W000005C8doQAC.png 

Regards.

Khouloud.

MJean.3
Associate III

Hi khouloud,

I did save the project.

I join the .ioc file but I haven't find a .log ...

Thanks In advance !

Jean

Hi MJean.3,

Thanks for your feedback.

On project load, STM32CubeMX detects if the project was created with an older version of the tool and if this is the case, it proposes the user to either migrate to use the latest STM32CubeMX database and STM32Cube firmware version.

Actually STM32Cube_FW_F7_V1.16.0 is the latest version of firmware for F7 family that's why it can be unchanged after migration (in case you are not using a very old CubeMX version).

0693W000005C9tYQAS.pngOtherwise, from my side, the the warning message disappears when I reload your project and here after how I proceed:

• load the project (you have attached) and choose migrate option.
  • click on Save project and quit CubeMX.
  • Reload the saved project (migrated) and the warning popup will not appear anymore.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

Khouloud.

MJean.3
Associate III

I have done it. It is ok !

Thank you for your quick answer !

Jean