cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernet peripheral missing from STM32H5 in CubeMX

GaryA
Associate II

The Ethernet peripheral is missing from the STM32H5 in STM32CubeMX 6.10!

It appears if the Nucleo or Discovery kit boards are selected as the starting point for a project, but if the project is started from a device selection the Ethernet peripheral is completely missing.

First noticed on STM32H573VI, then checked it is also missing on STM32H563ZI even though this is exactly the same device as used on the Nucleo board!

If I create a project using the Nucleo board then edit the .ioc file to change

board=NUCLEO-H563ZI
boardIOC=true

to

board=custom

then when I open the project the Ethernet peripheral is there, but the project is based on the device not the Nucleo board!

Without this being fixed, STM32CubeMX is useless for our application

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GaryA
Associate II

Update:

The STM32H563VIT6 and STM32H573VIT6 are OK, it is just the STM32H563VIT3Q and STM32H573VIT3Q (with the built-in SMPSU) that are missing the Ethernet peripheral.

The STM32H563VGTx also has the Ethernet peripheral present.

After carefully decoding the peripherals and features table in the datasheet, it appears that STM32CubeMX is correct, the devices with the SMPSU do not have the Ethernet peripheral, although this is far from clear in the datasheet.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mahmoud Ben Romdhane
ST Employee

Hello @GaryA ,

First let me thank you for posting and welcome to the ST Community.

Your request is under investigation, and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks.

Mahmoud.

Hello @GaryAGaryA ,

I escalated the problem to CubeMX team in an internal ticket (ID: 169336) to take a closer look at this issue.

(PS: 169336 ID is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thanks.

Mahmoud.

GaryA
Associate II

Update:

The STM32H563VIT6 and STM32H573VIT6 are OK, it is just the STM32H563VIT3Q and STM32H573VIT3Q (with the built-in SMPSU) that are missing the Ethernet peripheral.

The STM32H563VGTx also has the Ethernet peripheral present.

After carefully decoding the peripherals and features table in the datasheet, it appears that STM32CubeMX is correct, the devices with the SMPSU do not have the Ethernet peripheral, although this is far from clear in the datasheet.

Hello @GaryAGaryA,

Further to this comment I want to inform that this issue was resolved and the official release of STM32CubeMX V6.11.0 is available on ST website.

You can download it through this link:

STM32CubeMX - STM32Cube initialization code generator - STMicroelectronics

Thanks.

Mahmoud.