cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeMX 6.10.0 doesn't copy all necessary I3C headers

rbr_scoleman
Associate

Reproduction steps:

1. Open STM32CubeIDE. “File” menu → “New” → “STM32 Project”.
  2. Switch to the “Board Selector”, and pick the NUCLEO-H503RB. Click “Next”.
    • I've successfully reproduced this issue with the NUCLEO-H503RB and NUCLEO-H563ZI. I suspect it applies equally to every board or MCU part with I3C support.
  3. Give the project a unique name – I'm using “broken-mx”. Target the C language, an executable binary, and an STM32Cube project.
  4. Pick firmware package V1.1.1. Ensure the code generator is configured to “Copy only the necessary library files”. Click “Finish”.
    • This issue can also be reproduced with firmware package V1.1.0. It's an STM32CubeMX problem, not a problem with the firmware package.
  5. When asked whether I wanted to “Initialize all peripherals with their default Mode ?”, I picked “Yes”.
    • This issue can also be reproduced without default peripheral initialization. It just requires a couple more clicks as you'll have to acknowledge that the icache is disabled every time you generate code.
  6. The STM32CubeMX interface will load. In “Connectivity”, pick the “I3C1” peripheral, and change the mode to “Controller”.
    • This is equally reproducable with the “Target” mode.
  7. Save changes to the IOC (Ctrl+S, “File” menu → “Save”, etc.). When prompted, generate code.
  8. Once code generation has completed, open `main.c`, then build the project (“Project” menu → “Build Project”).

Expected outcome: the project should build cleanly.

Actual outcome: compilation fails with an error:

arm-none-eabi-gcc "../Core/Src/system_stm32h5xx.c" -mcpu=cortex-m33 -std=gnu11 -g3 -DDEBUG -DUSE_HAL_DRIVER -DSTM32H503xx -c -I../Core/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32H5xx_HAL_Driver/Inc -I../Drivers/STM32H5xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/Legacy -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Device/ST/STM32H5xx/Include -I../Drivers/CMSIS/Include -O0 -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Wall -fstack-usage -fcyclomatic-complexity -MMD -MP -MF"Core/Src/system_stm32h5xx.d" -MT"Core/Src/system_stm32h5xx.o" --specs=nano.specs -mfpu=fpv5-sp-d16 -mfloat-abi=hard -mthumb -o "Core/Src/system_stm32h5xx.o"
../Drivers/STM32H5xx_HAL_Driver/Src/stm32h5xx_util_i3c.c:20:10: fatal error: stm32h5xx_util_i3c.h: No such file or directory
20 | #include "stm32h5xx_util_i3c.h"
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

If I manually copy `stm32h5xx_util_i3c.h` from the HAL driver package into `Drivers/STM32H5xx_HAL_Driver/Inc/` in the project directory, the build does complete successfully. And regenerating code from STM32CubeMX removes the file from the source tree, requiring that it be manually copied in again.

This is a regression from STM32CubeMX 6.8.0.

I'm using STM32CubeIDE version 1.14.0, build “19471_20231121_1200 (UTC)”; and STM32CubeMX version 6.10.0-RC9, build “20231120-2037 (UTC)”.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @rbr_scoleman ,

I escalated the problem to CubeMx team in an internal ticket (ID: 168810) to take a closer look at this issue.

(PS: ID 168810 is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thanks.

Mahmoud.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Mahmoud Ben Romdhane
ST Employee

Hello @rbr_scoleman ,

First let me thank you for posting and welcome to the ST Community.

Your request is under investigation, and I will get back to you ASAP.

Thanks.

Mahmoud.

Hello @rbr_scoleman ,

I escalated the problem to CubeMx team in an internal ticket (ID: 168810) to take a closer look at this issue.

(PS: ID 168810 is an internal tracking number and is not accessible or usable by customers).

Thanks.

Mahmoud.

Thank you for the update!

Hello @rbr_scoleman ,

Further to this comment I want to inform that this issue was resolved and the official release of STM32CubeMX V6.11.0 is available on ST website.

You can download it through this link:

STM32CubeMX - STM32Cube initialization code generator - STMicroelectronics

Thanks.

Mahmoud.