cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Configuration Tool does not generate the code.

KKato.2
Associate II

I have been using STM32CubeIDE (Version: 1.10.1) with STM32CubeMX - STM32 Device Configuration Tool Version: 6.6.1-RC2.

But when i do some modification in device configuration and then try to generate the code , it does not generate the code. But when i create the new project using same device configuration file (project.ioc) it does generate the code with new changes , just popup appears for less than a second saying "device configuration Tool updating code .." and then just disappears without updating the code or any error.

What could be the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KKato.2
Associate II

I find that when i uncheck the Backup option , the tool works fine.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hello @KKato.2​ and welcome to the Community 😊

I would like to know is it the first time that this problem occurs ? was it working properly previously ?

Can you show me your code generator settings under Project Manager in CubeMX ?

Also, can you record the popup that appears ?

Sarra

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

KKato.2
Associate II

Hello Sara,

Yes the problem occurred first time , not sure but probably when I installed update for STMCubeIDE.

It was working fine before.

I am sending the screen shot for the code generator setting

I can't record the popup as it disappears withing a second.0693W00000VOGRZQA5.jpg0693W00000VOGRUQA5.jpg0693W00000VOGRPQA5.jpg

Sarra.S
ST Employee

hello again @KKato.2​ 

I have the same version of CubeMX (6.6.1) and CubeIDE (1.10.1) and it works fine for me!

Try to change your settings as following :

0693W00000VOGo4QAH.pngif the problem persists, maybe try to work directly on STM32CubeIDE !

Sarra

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Hi Sarra,

As you can see in the screen shot i shared earlier , the option for chnaging to option "Copy all used libraries into the project folder" is not possible to select.

and if i change these settings it will change the complete project structure.

I was working for me , but now it is npot my question is why it isn't working now? when updated the STMCUBE iDE and CUBEMX , after that i tried to access the project and device configuration file as the workspace and project.ioc file was created by older versions it asked me to migrate to new version and I did migrated to newer version since then i am unable to generate the code.

thank you,

Sarra.S
ST Employee

Hi @KKato.2​ 

Maybe you have chosen TrueStudio, SW4STM32 and GPDSC when working with the previous version of STM32CubeMX.

if this is the case, it is not possible to migrate an old .ioc file to the newer version!

Please check @Sara BEN HADJ YAHYA​'s answer, our STM32CubeMX expert in this thread.

Sarra

Hi Sarra,
As I mentioned earlier sae .ioc file works if I crate new project with existing .ioc file , the CubeMX and device configuration tool generate project files. But still, sending the .ioc file in attachment.
I guess there is some setting choosing MCU and Firmware packages , maybe while generating the project the tool could not find the desired firmware version ?
Thank you
Krishna

Hello @KKato.2​,

Could you please share your ioc file and provide us with the exact scenario that led to this issue?

Thank you

Sarra

KKato.2
Associate II

Hello Sarra,

hre again i am sending the .ioc file.

And i mention in very first question , that wi did update on stm cube ide and FW version for stm32G series , this issue started.

Thank you,

krishna

AScha.3
Chief II

just i see: you checked -> NOT generate main.... better try: unchecked !

0693W00000VOUmbQAH.png

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".